This week NYC, next week Cabo San Lucas. I’ve covered my NYC travel planning here but since I have a 1 day turnaround between the two, I’m packing now. Here is a peek into my travel planning for 11 days on the lower Baja Peninsula with my boyfriend:
First Booking the Vacation:
- Flights – went ATA, couldn’t resist a cheap deal, we’ll see how they are, also flying out on Tuesday for a better deal
- Timeshare – a week long beach vacation is where time shares can excel. My family has one we trade for random locations, mostly but not entirely in Mexico. Booked through RCI, we’re staying at the Playa Grande Resort – my mother calls this style of resort ‘Poolandia’.
- Scuba Diving – we booked a 5 day package through Eagle Divers. We researched dive shops online and checked Trip Advisor for reviews
So we’re mostly staying at the resort as a cheap option while we dive and can take it easy by the pool afterwards. We’re in Cabo for 11 days due to that Tuesday cheaper flight, and the resort is only booked for a week. From there we’re most likely going to La Paz, but leaving it open for now.
- mask, fin, snorkel, dive card, skinsuit, sunblock
- bathing suit, sun dresses, long skirt, t-shirt, sandals, tank top, shorts, pullover
- get new dive computer battery
- guidebook TBD
- book about history of Cabo? taking place in Cabo? Amazon or Nook has been trying to convince me I want Telling Our Way to the Sea: A Voyage of Discovery in the Sea of Cortez I’ll try the free sample chapter.
- research bus system/transportation, cantinas, snorkeling sites, beaches, nearby towns, seafood spots, general attractions
I’m taking this one easy, but will fill in more if it comes to me.